In Featured Food

Red Velvet Cupcakes


Happy Holidays! It has been a long time since my last blog post. But due to busy schedule and considering that I'm in my last year in Junior High, it was quite impossible to do a blog post every Sunday. But nonetheless, I thought of baking one of my favorite cupcake this Holiday Season which you can prepare for your entire family. Simple yet delicious. All you need is a variation of sprinkles!


This time, I didn't bake from scratch because I didn't have enough time to buy the ingredients. Instead, I just used the Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix which works wonders. However, if you have the extra time and budget to bake it from scratch, it is much better. 

For the cream cheese frosting, you'll need:
• 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
• 4 Ounces Unsalted Butter, Softened
• 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
2. Add the powdered sugar to the mixture. I suggest you add it gradually and taste it every time you add it to the mixture depending on how sweet you want it to be. 
3. Once mixture is smooth and creamy, add in the vanilla extract.

Once cupcakes are cooled down, you can start frosting. All you need to make this cupcake beautiful is a variety of sprinkles. However, if you want it to be uniformed, one type of sprinkle is fine. But if you want to make it colorful and festive, I suggest you go out and buy a variety of Holiday themed sprinkles. Enjoy!








Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment